Travelling, whilst exciting and sometimes necessary can often leave us susceptible to illness and injuries. Homeopathics can not only assist your physical symptoms but can help you cope with jet lag, anxiety, exhaustion and adaption to change.
Some common travel symptoms and remedies:
- Jet lag – Aconite, Coffea crud, Ars
- Travel sickness – Cocculus, Tabacum, Petroleum
- Hangovers – Nux Vomica
- Altitude sickness – Carbo-veg
- Digestive disturbances
- Bali belly – podo
- Vomiting and diarrhoea with fear and cramping – Ars, verat
- Nausea, bloating, wind and lethargy – Carbo veg
- Nausea with ineffectual vomiting or passing of stool – Nux-vomica
- Mosquitos – Ledum
- Malaria – China
- Dengue fever – Eup-per
Small vials can be made up so that the remedies do not take up much room in your luggage. I was well worshiped on my Bali trip last May when I helped a number of people through their Bali belly with just a couple of pillules of podo.
Many people travel with a homeopathic kit and the customs people are quite used to seeing them. However it is wise to travel with a prescription from your homeopath that I am more than happy to provide each trip you make. If your remedies are from health food stores, just grab their accompanying leaflet and take that with you. Be sure to travel with remedies that have been well labelled to avoid delays in your travels.
We live at the foot hills of the Dorrigo National Park; either side of Coffs sparks brilliant beaches, Yuragur National park, all of which holds terrific camping and bush terrains. We are all so fortunate to be living in and around such beauty, surrounded daily with great surf, rainforest waterholes, and an endless supply of chocolate coated bananas.
When you travel into isolated areas, medical attention (and chocolate coated bananas) is usually more difficult to reach. I never skimp on my kits when travelling to remote areas. Here are a list of a few different remedies and the common ailments they are used for;
- Ledum – is a great remedy to take for the duration of your holiday, as it is a great remedy for keeping the mosquitos and ticks off you, it is also a great remedy for bites and strings as well as puncture wounds.
- Arnica – great for bruises and soft tissue injuries such as strains and sprains
- Aconite – fear and apprehension, great if you get into trouble and need to calm down so you can make some rational decisions. Also a great remedy for the onset of colds.
- Hypericum – great for nerve damage and can help wounds that are threatened with infection
- Glonoine – sunstroke and headaches from the sun
- Apis – bites and stings especially from bees and wasps, neetle rash, allergic reactions, cystitis
- Rhus-tox – frost bite, chilblains and exposure as well as pains in the joints and tendons from over exertion
- Cantharis – burns, shock and collapse from a bite, cystitis
I also never leave home with my tea tree oil, a good practical first aid kit, iodine for purifying my water and my essential oil mix for repelling mosquito’s (which includes lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, thyme and lemongrass).
I love that homeopathic remedies have so many elements to them, all remedies have a physical and a mental/emotional picture. It is for this reason that one remedy can be called to use for so many different occasions. I can derive kits specific to your travelling needs and location.